Thursday, December 31, 2009

Online Film Critics Society Snubs Avatar For Best Pic!

So much for stereotyping all online critics as fanboys. Good set of nominees this year, veering from the usual suspects in a couple of key ways that are rather interesting.

Like Avatar for Director, but not Picture. No acting nominations that seem like completely lazy voting -- i.e. no one is getting nominated strictly because they were cast in a musical or a Clint Eastwood picture. Though I guess one could argue that three acting nods for Inglourious Basterds might be the online equivalent of those default kind of choices.

But most of all it's nice to see some critics group finally wising up about Tilda Swinton in Julia. I'm so proud of the OFCS today that I'm wishing I was a member but I have sadly never applied.

No comments:

Post a Comment