Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Deserving 10?


This is Piper from Lazy Eye Theatre here to talk some Oscars. For good or bad, Nat has asked me to help out while he is away. So here we go.

The Academy has taken a cue from Jessica Lang and gotten themselves a face-lift, and if you ask me, it ain't pretty. Come Oscar nom time, instead of the usual five pictures, we're going to see ten.

In the past where there has been exclusion, now there will be compromise. Out will be the talks of the one picture that got away, In will be the rants about the several that should be let go.

But I will admit, there is some intrigue involved in trying to guess what the ten supposed best pictures will ultimately be. Or at least some good fodder for a post. For me, the first four are no-brainers. You'll have your Avatar, your Up In The Air, Hurt Locker and Inglourious Basterds. But what of the next six?

The Obvious Others:
Precious
Up
Invictus

On The Bubble:
Julie & Julia
The Blind Side

Fantastic Mr. Fox

Nine

The Informant!

The Lovely Bones

An Education

The Bizarro:
It's Complicated
The Hangover

(500) Days of Summer

Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel


So am I crazy? Have I missed something? Give me your ten and come nom time we'll see who's right. And as a bonus, I'm taking guesses on how long the already too long show will be with the inclusion of five more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment