Sunday, January 17, 2010

Supporting Actress Fever

Just in case you haven't heard, StinkyLulu is hosting his 4th annual Supporting Actress Blog-a-Thon. It's a wonderful annual tradition since there is so much actressing worth celebrating in any given film year, particularly in supporting. If you want to be mathematical about it, shouldn't the supporting categories have double or triple the nominee count since there are far more supporting roles in movies than leads?

This year's crop seems to be more on the fringes than investigating the Oscar suspects but I love this web-party each year precisely for this reason. It's a scrapbook of individual in-the-moment passions. I didn't have time to contribute (I'm so unhappy about how little time I have anymore) but if I had I probably would have celebrated one of my nominees, or possibly Juliette Lewis in Whip It (♥) or Celia Weston in Observe and Report (those slurry line readings were made of win) since they're two of my favorite living actresses and I always get a charge from watching them work their peculiar magics.

check out the blog-a-thon
*

No comments:

Post a Comment