Saturday, February 27, 2010

Beauty Break: Bollywood

It's Eye Candy Weekend

This month I've felt a burgeoning desire to start investigating Bollywood, the most popular brand of cinema with which I am least acquainted. You may have noticed. I think this has something to do with never being finished with movie glamour but being very finished with this particular Oscar season. Are you worn out on it yet? If you're a Bollywood fan, please suggest 5 must-see movies in the comments (other than Lagaan which I have seen and greatly enjoyed... but for the length). I'm not sure how quickly I'll get to them or if I'll do anything with them on the blog but I need to get schooled. Please suggest movies with a maximum amount of eye candy because I'm shallow like that. Movies with great song scores too would be ideal because I live for musicals.

And now, some of my favorite beauties of Bollywood... in still photo form at least.


Aishwarya Rai and Hrithik Roshan (pictured above) are the two Bollywood mega stars I've known the most about. And this is due to the US media's brief flirtations with caring about them. And even that was some years ago. But my point is this: Yum^2 !!!

More pretty people now...

Madhuri Dixit (supposedly a fine actress. and you know how I feel 'bout those)
Priyanka Chopra (soon to star in a film where she murders her 7 husbands. That's hot)

John Abraham (once rumored/campaigned for Jake's Prince of Persia)
Arjun Rampal (Kidman's co star in that Schweppe's commercial)

Would I enjoy any of these people as actors? Film Experience readers who double as Bollywood fans are the only ones who might know. Tell me. Or suggest alternatives. Maybe less popular actors who the hipsters like... the Tilda Swintons of Bollywood if you will? (Not that a Swinton can be grown in any region outside of Scotland.) Or suggest 5 movies I MUST watch so I can get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment