Saturday, February 20, 2010

Up in the Link

My Modern Met fun film art for the BAFTA best pic nominees. Speaking of... I will be live-blogging or rather tape-delay blogging the BAFTAs tomorrow night. Be here, 8 PM ESTish.
New York Magazine have you heard the murmurs about Walter Kirn, the Up in the Air novelist? He ain't happy about the lack of an Oscar invite.
Geekologie disturbing Spider-Man fetish video. I wonder if Tobey Maguire ever spent time in his trailer doing this.
I Watch Stuff Owen Wilson to star for Woody Allen next. I could see that pairing working, couldn't you? The film is called... wait, you guessed it, Untitled Woody Allen Project.
Cinema Blend Kristin Scott Thomas to seduce Ethan Hawke in Paris. Can't wait! Parisians are totally into Ethan Hawke, haven't you heard?
Situated Laundry picks 10 favorite frames from 2009 movies (inspired by In Contention)

Vulture Christoph Waltz on The Green Hornet and working with Quentin Tarantino. I love this bit
I said to Quentin once, “Why is it that I’ve never seen a bad performance in one of your movies?” Even from actors — well, you know my belief is there’s no such thing as great actor, good actor, bad actor. And Quentin’s movies are the perfect proof for that. Because when someone is right, he or she is right. And only then can she be good. And with Quentin, I don’t know the way he casts, the way he looks at people, but also, you know, the way he writes his parts, every single part is a great part. There are no lousy parts in Quentin’s movies.
That's so so true. Even the bit players have fun/interesting parts to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment